Friday, May 22, 2015

I Did It! From 5XL to an XL (or rather an L)


Hi all... Yesterday (May 21st, 2015) I have some blood tests in Hospital Queen Elizabeth. After my blood test, I went to the HQE Blood Bank to ask when can I donate my blood again after my surgery. I know that after a major surgery, blood donors must wait up to six months before being allowed to donate their blood again. The nurses there asked so many questions regarding my weight-loss journey. I was more than happy to answer all of their questions. After that they told me that I can donate my blood in early June. I just can't wait, I just have so much blood for donating hahaha.

Then from Hospital Queen Elizabeth, I went shopping for Kak Ari's items that I will ship to her in Osaka, Japan. After that its time for me to look for my new clothing in Center Point Mall, KK. I always looking for good deals on t-shirts and pants in Factory Outlet Store (F.O.S)  since I was morbidly obese because they offer "affordable" clothing for BIG people. Affordable enough because other shops sell a whole lot pricier. LARGE clothing for men doesn't come often, and when they came usually the stock finished quickly because other BIG men also want to buy as much clothing as they can.

Before going in F.O.S I kept in my mind that I will look for some 2XL t-shirts and some 38" pants. I went in the shop with those sizes in mind. Then I found one khaki pants, size 38. The price was dirt cheap RM 15 (USD 4.16). I also found another brown pants size 38 with a tag price of RM 25 (USD 6.93) and also two shorts with the same price. I was so happy when I found them because I have been wearing my size 42 pants and shorts for many months now. I used bulldog clips to make the waist smaller (I followed what was practiced by a New York city woman in Extreme Cheapskate) not that I was cheap, but my sizes dropped so fast that buying new clothes will be such a waste of money. Luckily I kept my old (I mean very, very old) clothes from before I became obese.

Then I found buy one free one t-shirt deals. The price was RM 27 (USD 7.49) for two t-shirts. I quickly selected two that just looked nice to my eyes size 2 XL. But when I looked at them, I thought they were too big for me. So I put them back down and selected XL size instead. I brought the t-shirts and pants to the fitting room to try them. I tried the khaki pants first, and it was a good two inches too large for me! Trying something larger  for my waist was very rare for me. Usually when I tried things on, they were too tight and just can't fit. I know that I don't have to try the shorts on. Then I tried the two t-shirts, to my surprise they were a bit too big for me!

So I ended up buying two t-shirts size L and two shorts size 36. I never dreamed that I can fit into these clothes. From a 5 XL t-shirt to an L, and from a size 58 waist to a 36, I'm just over the moon!

My RM 13.50 (USD 3.75)  Ocean Pacific t-shirt! Red and Grey color.

Second Ocean Pacific t-shirt (grey and black).

Ditch Plains brown shorts. RM 25 (USD 6.93). What I like about these shorts they came with  a free belt each.

Ditch Plains gray shorts.

Size 36!!!


I didn't buy a whole lot of new clothes because I'm still losing weight which means still (hopefully) losing inches. Now that I can buy "normal" size clothing, I don't have to rush buying every clothes that I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment